Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The splendor of Machu Picchu...


Splendor, splendor, splendor...speechless I stood in front of the city of Machu Picchu. Every moment, every step, every sight, I spent in that amazing place I savored and delighted in. Although I am generally sickened by tourists and the sight of them, I really had no other option. I am a tourist in a country that is not mine, and I had to conform with this label. At Machu Picchu I splurged in what tourists do best, immortalize scenery in binary data stored on memory cards. However every moment I spent aside from my camera I devoured the sights and immortalized them in my very own carnal mind.

Ironically this is my shortest blog post, and the site of Macu Picchu is the most impressive. However, I felt like I could only pay homage to this globally iconic, televised and described site by not spilling even more ink on my part. I want this New Wonder of the World to speak for itself through my pictures, and by you going there and seeing its splendor with your own eyes.

-Konrad

No comments:

Post a Comment